Meet our Corporate Partner: SIFI SpA
We are pleased to announce that SIFI SpA will continue to support VITA as a Corporate Partner during our 2023 program. SIFI SpA is a leading international ophthalmic company that was founded in 1935 and headquartered in Italy. The company’s mission is to improve patients’ quality of life through Meaningful Innovation in Eye Care. SIFI SpA develops, manufactures and markets innovative therapeutic solutions for patients with ophthalmic disorders. SIFI SpA has embarked on a comprehensive digital transformation project with a vision to create new outstanding customer experiences, and to be perceived as the most engaging organization in ophthalmology, strengthening business partnerships and increasing the company’s competitive advantage.
In this context, SlFl SpA is interested in identifying and collaborating on the development of disruptive digital health solutions in ophthalmology to address unmet therapeutic needs, vision defects, chronic pathologies, and orphan diseases. Glaucoma, retinopathies, dry eye, Acanthamoeba keratitis and fungal infections are the diseases of primary interest to SIFI SpA.
For the 2023 program, SIFI SpA has identified the following challenges on which it is keen to work with startups:
- Patient education & funnelling to treatment services with branded companion apps & data collection, with a special focus on Orphan Drug therapy
- Digital Therapeutics (such as vision acuity, quality of vision, vision training approach, Lifestyle & Behaviour/diet, …) and Digital Medicine solutions
- Big data & imagery processing to better manage chronic pathologies in ophthalmology
- Artificial intelligence systems for degenerative retinal pathologies and field of view interpretation
- Development and application of accurate computational models allowing patient stratification within in silico data frameworks. These models will be deployed for i) pathology landmarks characterization, and ii) definition of patient-centered therapeutic approaches.Target pathologies: Dry Eye, Glaucoma, Degenerative Retinal Pathologies, and Acanthamoeba Keratitis.
“We have been able to tap into a wealth of innovation and expertise within the digital therapeutics space and have identified startups that could potentially bring groundbreaking solutions that benefit all stakeholders in the field of ophthalmology. VITA Accelerator has provided us with a unique platform to connect with leading experts and be introduced to new technology, giving us a competitive edge in the market. We are committed to continuing our participation in the program and are confident that it will help us add meaningful innovation to our portfolio,” affirms Maria Grazia Mazzone, Executive Director, Business Development & Open Innovation at SIFI SpA.